Indian Diaspora Women’s Forum (IDWF)
(A Division of Indian Diaspora Council International)
- To recognize and address needs and interests of women of the Indian Diaspora, including gender, cultural and empowerment issues which are becoming more visible as the population of women of the Indian Diaspora continues to grow with changing demographics, mobility and migration.
- To actively engage in collaborative forums for dialogue and exchanges among women of the Indian Diaspora to embrace, engage and enhance their interests and participation all segments of society.
- To encourage collaboration with women of the Indian Diaspora and other groups, associations and institutions to foster better understanding, cooperation and community service at local, regional and global levels.
- To establish partnerships with local, regional and international agencies and institutions engaged in promoting the interests of women.
- To document and promote the history, progress and achievements of women of the Indian Diaspora with articles, publications, works of art, documentaries and films.
- To convene at least one (1) national or international conference or forum with a specific theme addressing needs and interests of women of the Indian Diaspora. International venues to rotated among the countries of the Indian Diaspora.
- To recognize women of the Indian Diaspora who have contributed to progress of women of Indian Diaspora and have notable achievements in their respective professions or community service. All awards given the Indian Diaspora Women’s Forum (IDWF) shall be in accordance with IDC’s criteria and policies.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Indian Diaspora Women’s Forum (IDWF) shall be a division of Indian Diaspora Council International (IDC) and shall function in accordance with IDC’s by-laws and policies.
- Indian Diaspora Women’s Forum (IDWF) shall be secular, non-political and beyond reproach.
- Heading IDWF shall be (1) Chairperson appointed for a term of 3 years, and several Co-Chairpersons representing various countries of the Indian Diaspora. All appointees to the IDWF shall be a for a term of three (3) with same ending date for all appointees to retain uniformity.
- All appointees shall have be outstanding members of the Indian Diaspora and their respective communities, with unblemished records and reputation, and shall be approved by IDC.
- Chairperson of IDWF reports to the president of IDC; in the absence of the president of IDC, the Chairperson of IDWF shall report to the executive vice president of IDC.
- All precautions shall be taken and IDWF and its members to protect the standing and integrity of IDC at all times.